Recently I had an email from a gent in Australia who was trying to ID an engine that is in his fathers possession .
I have not got a clue so I said I would post it on the two forums that I use and maybe get a bit of help for him
Any chance somebody knows what it is ?
A little info that was supplied
· Engine Rotation: counter clockwise
· Bore: 4 .5 inches. Stroke 4 .75inches?
· Twin camshafts.
· Side Valve
· Roller cam followers
· External Oil system? total loss( this is missing from engine)
· Duel Ignition: ? Magneto +?
· Cone clutch
· No manufacture marking or stamps on the engine
· Big ends have 4 bolts on each, which go through the rods and threaded into the rod caps with lock nuts.
· Rods made from? Bronze like material and has no big end bearing, runs in the rod material.
· Crankshaft mounted in the sump.
I have allso posted this on Fozzers forum http://www.stationary-engine.net/forum/ ... hp?t=21621