Hi folks just a little update.
Over the last few days i've made a puller to pull the govenor housing off fashioned from an old car hub puller and 3 lengths of M12 threaded rod.
After applying a bit of pressure and plenty of WD40 it started to move. It came off alot easier than i thought. This allowed the bearing housing to be removed!. The crank needs grinding so the next job was to remove the crank weights, the nuts for these are leaded in so the oxy propane torch made short work of that. Once all the lead had melted out the nuts came undone easily. The crank has been delivered to our local engineers for a grind.
I had a couple of spare hours this afternoon and stripped the govenor down, again coming apart far easier than i thought it would have. All that it took was a gentle heating to melt the congealed grease and muck and it was moving.
Then onto the piston rings! Steve had freed off two on our last session. But again with a little heat and some gentle tapping with a toffee hammer the other 3 freed off.
There will probably be no more progress for a while untill the crank comes back in a week or two. although there's plenty of bits to clean off, job for Steve me thinks
as I've got the Lister P to finish thats still in primer and trolley less!