Identify this

Discussion in 'Identification' started by grendel, Aug 6, 2015.

  1. grendel

    grendel Member


    This may sound really stupid, but I've been looking for this for about six years.
    Finally found a couple surplus from the army:


    Guess what this is.

  2. picklesquirt

    picklesquirt Member

    Hi Hubert et al

    The Nato Stock Number lists it as a "Synchronising Socke"
    Knowing who is asking I suspect it is something to do with alternator synchronising. Am I warm??

  3. grendel

    grendel Member

    Hi Ewan,

    Close enough. It's a synchronising socket. (Nato stock number system obviously doesn't support the use of the letter "t")
    A clever safety gadget to switch synchronising equipment between generator panels without causing short circuit. (if I connect things the right way, that is,....)
    Because these things are all computer controlled now, they are extremely hard to find.
    There should be pins with it, but I can easily make these myself.


Share This Page